Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday Finds!



Happy Friday! It's time for my Friday Finds! It was hard for me to narrow down my choices today. I was inspired by so much this week! Anyway, here is how I categorized it.

1. Sewing/Crafting
I am always on the lookout for an antique sewing machine that is built into a cabinet and I think I may have found one on Craigslist! Wohoo!

This is Flat Emelie and Matt which was designed and created by Angela Yosten. She just posted a tutorial on how she created these over on her blog called Moda Bake Shop. It's definitely worth looking at!

My blogging friend Angie Juda made these this past week and posted an AWESOME video tutorial of how she made it. Check it out!
This is such a green idea! Reusable bowl covers! GENIUS! To learn how to make these, check out the tutorial that I found from Ohdeedoh.I can't wait to make a few of these flower clips! They are so adorable and really don't look that hard to make! :) There is a tutorial for how to make these over on Prudent Baby! Check it out!

Remember I showed you the tissue paper poms last week? Well this week I am showing you some fancy fabric poms!


2. Etsy
Now check out this sweet knitted hat with some felt sewn onto the front of it? Doesn't it just add so much? Check out the Etsy store "NinisHandmades" to see more like this one!

And since I am on a felt kick this week. Check out this super sweet dionosuar from "up to my elbows". There are so many other adorable animals that you can find there too!

This was the first felt object on Etsy that I fell in love with and of course I didn't find it soon enough. It sold out so fast I couldn't believe it! The creator of this little cutie is "MyPaperCrane".

After seeing the cute spool of thread I then decided to see what other felt items I could discover and I quickly discovered that there are many Etsy stores who actually sell PDFs that you can buy to create your very own felt items! WOW! This set of hot drinks is one that blew me away. YOu can buy the PDF for this from "UmeCrafts".

3. Home Decor/Organization

If you have never checked out Knock-Off Wood, you need to! Ana is one talented woman and she has created her own plans that replicate some of the more expensive furniture that you have always wanted to buy but couldn't afford. For example, I fell in love with this Pottery Barn desk a little over a year ago and Ana just posted the plans to make it on your own! SWEET!

I know I mentioned that we are going vintage in our home. Well check this out? How easy would that be to do? Nick and I have been wanting to add lights above our bar and these are PERFECT!

Here is another fantastic mason jar project I found this week! We are using this idea too!

I love this idea. Hopefully the creator posts a tutorial of this so I can add this to my new vintage kitchen! :D

Nick and I have been trying to come up with a cheap, yet pretty way to organize our recyclables so that we are not ashamed to have it in our kitchen. I stumbled upon this idea and we decided to try and use it as our new recycling system. I'll let you know how it works!

I love cheap and neat and these two bookshelf systems are definitely that!
(top picture, bottom picture)



4. GardeningHow pretty is this? I would love having a couple of these sitting around my house!


5. Baby
I literally gasped when Posh Little blogged about this cute little store called Lil' LJ. I am one who loves a baby with a cute little saying on their tummy and this store has some super fun stuff!

Last but not least, I wanted to share this Thirsties duo diaper with you again! As I mentioned earlier, this is one of the cloth diapers that my husband and I are seriously considering investing in. Well guess what I discovered this week. This company is based out of Canon City! Where in the world have I been? That's only an hour drive from us! We are super stoked about going up there to check them out in person!


I hope you enjoyed this week's Friday Finds! If you have some Friday Finds that you would like to share with me, feel free to leave me a comment! I am always up for suggestions! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to receive feedback from my readers!