Sunday, February 7, 2010

What a Week(end)!

Wow! Can I just say that this has been one of the craziest weeks ever! First of all, Leanne (my teaching partner) and I headed for Denver Wednesday after school to attend the CCIRA Literacy Conference. We attended the conference on Thursday and Friday and had such a great experience! I love the feeling of coming back to school with a new outlook and fresh ideas. There are so many activities that I can't wait to try with my kiddos! We got to hear from a couple of different authors and other teachers or experts who had some valuable insights to share! Here is a video explaining my experience at CCIRA. Don't mind my ickyness! I woke up feeling ill this morning and haven't done much with myself! :)

Anyway, after the conference got over on Friday, Leanne dropped me off in Colorado Springs where I met Nick. Nick and I always spend the weekend in the Springs for his birthday and it worked out perfectly for that to be this weekend! We stayed at a Sleep In and really enjoyed ourselves!
Nick and I ordered pizza from Dominoes (something we hadn't done since college) and then watched the movie Twister! Haha! What a fun time it was! We were even able to sleep in a little the next morning which was REALLY nice! :) The first thing Nick wanted to do for his birthday was go to Goodwill! Haha! We both LOVE that place so of course I agreed!We found some pretty sweet deals while we were there (like always). I found the Dr. Seuss book "Oh the Places You'll Go". I also found a fantastic book called First Meals as well as the Leap Frog Fridge Phonics game and a really nice diaper bag (which we will hopefully be able to put to use someday). Nick also found some good deals.

After Goodwill we ate some lunch at Panda Express (yum, yum!) where we shared a plate of orange chicken, mushroom chicken, and sweet and sour pork! DELICIOUS!

We stopped by Ross and Target to pick up some stuff and then headed up to Best Buy where Nick bought a sweet Fax Machine/Printer for himself!

I also went to Barnes & Noble while he did his Best Buy shopping. I found some great book deals while I was there so I was pretty excited about it! :D

For supper Nick choose some yummy Chick-fil-a
Nick then ended the evening by giving me a HUGE surprise! He surprised me by taking me to a jewelry shop called "Ultra Diamonds" and told me to go pick something out. WHAT? I couldn't even believe it. He apparently had this $25 off coupon and wanted to use it on me for Valentine's Day since I hadn't received any jewelry since my engagement ring. I WAS SHOCKED! I didn't know what I was going to pick out or how much money I should even spend. He guided me some in the process but we basically shopped at the sale counter where I knew I was sure to find some deals! :) Anyway, here is what I picked out:


Is that gorgeous or what? To make it better, it was 80% off! Woohoo! Score for us! :D I am SO happy with it and keep looking at it over and over! Haha!

So that pretty much sums up our trip. It was a fantastic weekend and, apart from me getting sick, I can ultimately say it is one that will be memorable!

If you want to see the video form of our weekend, watch the videos below!




1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful ring and congrats.

    http://couponmommyof2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I always love to receive feedback from my readers!